A few years ago my sister gave me a brightly colored orange and yellow book titled “it’s a happy thing.” I love this book like most of the books I own, but it nonetheless collects dust in its assigned place in my home. Given that Sunday is a “funday” I figured, “what better day than today to dust off a bit of happiness?”
When it comes to happiness, we all have different ideas about what it is exactly. This particular book shares “101 Reasons to Smile,” “Kids on Happiness,” and “Words of Happiness.” Although each of these areas is chock-full of the author and others’ ideas about happiness, not all of them speak to me. I’d like to share a few of those that do resonate with me and, in doing so, perhaps I can share a smile–if not a bit of happiness–with you. 🙂
5 Reasons to Smile
2. Dark chocolate is good for you
3. Pixar movies
4. The memory of your first kiss
5. Red wine is good for you
1. Being me.
2. Available to us all.
3. Caring about others.
4. Focusing on the good stuff.
5. The people who love me.
1. “To take heart in the simple pleasures of each day…is to discover the true happiness in life” ~Linda Elrod
2. “Happiness is a butterfly which, when pursued, is just beyond your grasp…but if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
3. “Happiness is…keeping your spirit burning brightly, learning to take your troubles lightly, counting your blessings daily, nightly.” ~Linda Elrod
4. “Life’s truest happiness is found in the friendships we make along the way.” ~ R. Bennett
5. “Those who bring happiness to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” ~ Sir James Barrie